Canada Digital Adoption Program
The Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) can help get your business online, give your e-commerce presence a boost or help digitalize your business's operations.
The program offers two grants:
The Grow your Business Online grant helps small businesses take advantage of e-commerce opportunities.
- You can access a network of e-commerce advisors for advice and support
- You can get up to $2,400 to buy new e-commerce tools
The Boost Your Business Technology grant helps small and medium-sized businesses adopt new digital technologies.
- Use a free digital assessment tool to evaluate your own digital readiness
- Get up $15,000 to consult a digital expert and develop a digital adoption plan for your business
- Get up to $100,000 in interest-free loans from BDC to implement your digital adoption plan
- Leverage a subsidized work placement to bring on a recent graduate or student to help with your digital transformation.
Boost Your Business Technology
The Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) launched the Boost Your Business Technology grant. This grant helps #SMEs adopt new digital technologies.
- Use the free digital assessment tool to evaluate your business’s digital readiness
- Get up to $15k to consult a digital expert to develop a digital adoption plan for your business
- Get up to $100k in 0% interest loans from @BDC to implement your digital adoption plan
- Use a funded work placement to get a student or recent graduate to help with your digital transformation
Digital Advisor for the Boost Your Business Technology Stream
The Acadia Institute of Data Analytics is an approved Digital Advisor for the Boost Your Business Technology stream of the Canada Digital Adoption Program. A digital advisor registered with CDAP is an organization that meets and maintains all of the required criteria to deliver digital advisory services to eligible Canadian SMEs. Digital advisors are required to provide vendor-neutral advice in the provision of advisory services to SMEs and will be subject to CDAP's Code of Conduct. Registered Digital Advisors will work with eligible SMEs to develop digital adoption plans tailored to the needs of the client. Digital adoption plans must meet the minimum viable elements identified in the CDAP digital adoption plan guide.
Digital Advisor Code of Conduct:
Trust is the foundation of every successful business relationship. Digital advisors registered under CDAP are expected to demonstrate a willingness to establish and maintain a trusting relationship with their SME clients. Such a relationship will require adherence to the following guiding principles:
- digital advisors will be aware of and comply with all applicable legislation and laws at all times
- digital advisors shall only represent themselves or their business/organization; they are not agents, partners or employees of the Government of Canada/ISED
- fostering a professional environment by exemplifying respect, fairness, courtesy, and integrity in all dealings with the SME client
- exercising neutrality in the provision of consulting advice and assistance to SME clients
- managing any conflicts of interest in the provision of advisory services to SME clients, including refraining from providing such services to businesses owned or managed by the advisor or businesses owned or managed by family members and/or relatives of the advisor or businesses in which the advisor owns shares
- taking appropriate measures to ensure the confidentiality and protection of information provided by the SME clients
- acting in a manner that respects individual differences and contributes to a harassment-free workplace (virtually or in-person)
If CDAP determines that a trusting relationship between the digital advisor and SME cannot be developed, CDAP may decide to halt all activities with the digital advisor1. This decision will be substantiated, documented on file, and communicated to both parties.
CDAP believes the demonstration of the above-noted principles will lead to more constructive relationships and successful outcomes for the SME, leading to faster economic recovery and increased competitiveness in the marketplace.
Disclaimer: Although pre-selected by the Government of Canada/ISED, digital advisors are not agents, partners, or employees of the Government of Canada. The Government of Canada/ISED does not warrant the quality of the services provided by such advisors and is not responsible for any losses or damages, which may result from using the services of an advisor. Any disputes should be resolved between the SME client and the digital advisor.
CDAP reserves the right to suspend or remove digital advisors from the marketplace based on evidence of the following (this is not an exhaustive list):
- fraudulent information provided during the registration process;
- failure to meet the terms of the SME client agreement;
- any demonstration of wrongdoing in dealings with the SME client;
- determination of a conflict of interest that would impact the integrity of advisory services delivered by the digital advisor; and
- unsatisfactory ratings provided on the SME client feedback form.
How to Get Started
Visit the Canada Digital Adoption Program website to complete a Digital Needs Assessment (DNA) and get the process started. Apply now!